I just finished reading War and Peace. I knew it was long, but I didn’t know it was awesome!
- If you like stories about the two lovers finally overcoming their own pride and prejudice, like you find in Jane Austen novels,
- If you like stories where individuals get are overcome by forces far bigger than themselves, like you find Thomas Hardy novels,
- If you like the witty critique of human foibles and foolishness, like you find in Flannery O’Connor’s stories,
- If you like epic events carried out in fascinating, expansive and strange worlds like that found in Tolkien,
- If you like the brilliant use of analogy in the critique of rationalism and historicism like you find in C. S. Lewis,
then you will love War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy.